ph: + 1.413.684.2463
Funds Matched by The Wright Family Foundation
SCHENECTADY, NY – March 8, 2016 – SI Group employees based in New York state raised over $20,000 over eight months in support of six local Capital Region charities. The funds were matched by The Wright Family Foundation, Inc., a Schenectady-based private family foundation, bringing the total donation to $40,000.
“SI Group employees are passionate about supporting the Capital Region community,” said Paul Tilley, Senior Vice President for North America and Global Key Accounts. “We’ve been operating locally, right here in Schenectady County for 110 years, and throughout that time we’ve had a strong tradition of giving back. This program, coupled with the support of The Wright Family Foundation, enables us to make a significant impact in the communities where we live and work.”
The employee giving program launched in April 2015 and is administered by a committee of SI Group employees. The committee selected the following recipients for the 2015 funds:
- Things of My Very Own—a Schenectady-based organization that provides crisis intervention services to at-risk children;
- Helping Paws Rescue—an organization dedicated to helping pets find a home;
- Schenectady Inner City Ministry—operates the largest emergency food organization in Schenectady County;
- WWAARC—Warren, Washington, and Albany Counties Chapter of NYSARC serves individuals with developmental disabilities;
- American Red Cross—provides disaster relief and helps people during disasters; and
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation—is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes research.
Since its inception in 1997, The Wright Family Foundation has funded over 450 grants to charities totaling $18 million. In 2015, the foundation contributed over $1.2 million.
About The Wright Family Foundation
The Wright Family Foundation is a private family foundation established in 1997 to provide funding and support for organizations and programs that create opportunities for long-term and sustainable impact in three focus areas:
1. Neighborhoods – transforming distressed areas into neighborhoods of opportunity by leveraging private, public, and community resources;
2. Jobs & Career Support – empowering people to overcome adverse circumstances and to gain job skills that provide access to sustainable career opportunities; and
3. Education – striving to inspire hope in urban youth by supporting educational and empowerment programs.
The foundation supports initiatives that have an impact on those living within the four counties where SI Group maintains a physical operation in the United States, namely Schenectady County, New York; Brazoria County, Texas; Cocke County, Tennessee; and Orangeburg County, South Carolina. Initial funding for the foundation was provided with a generous donation from SI Group, Inc. The Board of Trustees of the Wright Family Foundation consists mainly of descendants of the founder of SI Group, W. Howard Wright. For more information, please visit www.wrightfamilyfoundation.org.
About SI Group
SI Group is a leading global developer and manufacturer of chemical intermediates, specialty resins, and solutions that are critical to the quality and performance of countless industrial and consumer goods. Founded in 1906 and headquartered in Schenectady, New York, SI Group is a family-owned company with over 2,700 employees worldwide. SI Group operates 20 manufacturing facilities on five continents with $1.6 billion in annual sales. SI Group is The Substance Inside. For more information, visit www.siigroup.com.
# # #